Pages

3.02.2012

Cheesy Baked Potato Homefries


Last weekend it snowed for 36 hours straight in my town. You didn't misread that- 36 hours of snow.


It brought our total snowfall for the storm to 22 inches. And since the winter has been mild so far that equaled how much we had gotten in October through February.

Between shoveling and snowball fights I found a way to use some leftover baked potatoes. You see I had planned on making loaded baked potatoes for dinner one night. I put 4 potatoes in the oven to bake. Then my husband and I got hungry and my pregnant self got a hankering for taco dip instead. So I made a quick taco dip and......


Yes, that is a picture of our taco dip on the floor. Like hungry coyotes we circled it and ate it cross legged sitting on the carpet. We were stuffed by the time the baked potatoes were done so into the fridge they went. 

Here's how we used them:

Cheesy Baked Potato Homefries
(serves 4)

4 baked potatoes
2 TBS olive oil
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
sprinkle of pepper
1/3 cup shredded cheese

1. Cube the baked potatoes. I leave the skin on- it gives good texture to the meal.


2.  Saute the cubed potatoes in the olive oil until golden brown. Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper and turn with spoon to ensure that all pieces are coated.


3. Turn the heat off and sprinkle with cheese. We used Cabot's Hot Hot Habanero. We like things with a kick around here. The heat of the potatoes will melt the cheese into a gooey delicious topping.


You could serve these on their own or with a salad. We were having a serious carb-loading day so we had it alongside grilled cheese on homemade bread with mustard. There is something amazing about mustard on grilled cheese.








No comments:

Post a Comment